Thursday, August 20, 2009

hello guys and gals.



My name is Brookelyn (aka..BK, Twinkie, Barbie, Brookie, Taterbug). I decided to start blogging because things are poppin in Brookelyn Land and I wanted to share these moments with my pals and other interested readers. I am a writer (sorta) at least that is what I was doing for a living before the tragedy of the economy fell on my head and left me out on my butt in the rain. Ok that's a little dramatic, but for real..this has been quite an adventure. I spend most of my day with a crazy dog named Duchess..but we call her Bitch because we can. She is a maniac. She was abused and my b/f rescued her so she really has her moments. I will try to document those moments as we go along. My boyfriend is fantastic and he has been a real trooper through this difficult time, so kudos to my number one man. Love ya.

I plan to touch on a variety of topics within this blog, it will be an amalgamation of ideas and thoughts and hopefully enjoyable to read. I am trying to bring a few of my friends on board to post with me because they are wicked talented. We will discuss fashion, coffee, crazy ass dog(s), food, music, and a variety of other topics once my co-writers jump on board.

I will discuss my favs..food ( I am a foodie of sorts) and I LOVE to bake. Fashion, because two of my very close friends have their own clothing lines and I am pretty sure I will be dabbling in it myself. Last, but not least, the bitch. Cause we have a love/ hate relationship and those are always fun. :)

I chose Taking Brookelyn as the title of my blog because the things that I write about are things or people who have "taken" me or captured my attention and moved me. I want to share those things with you cause your life and my life can be a wild adventure. I will post as often as I can, so check in on a reg.

No comments:

Post a Comment